Video Messaging Just Works Here’s Why
Wineries are in hyper-drive rethinking their marketing and outreach strategies in an effort to stay competitive to meet sales targets. Typically, wineries use email as the tool of choice to communicate. Times have changed and this tried and true method of emailing just isn’t good enough to keep customers engaged.
81 % of businesses are now using video for marketing (Hubspot). Customers will tell you that video is one of the most engaging forms of media. Video provides a visual and audible representation of your brand. It gives customers a chance to see and hear you, understand your brand, products and services. More importantly, the personalization of video messaging creates long-lasting relationships.
VIDEO TEXTING JUST WORKS:
- Text messages have an open rate of 98% and viewers retain 95% of a video message
- 90% of consumers say that video helps them make the decision to purchase products (Social Media Today)
- Wyzowl claims that 74% of people who get an opportunity to see a product in action via an explainer video buys it.
USING VIDEO TEXT AT YOUR WINERY:
Create a VideoTexting plan: Your plan should include the topic, text and video content, who from the winery will send the text video and the frequency. Messages should be somewhat spontaneous and as personalized as possible. Video texting is easy to do and lets you stay connected and engaged in a very personalized way.
- Send a personalized video text to each of your top 10 wine club members letting them know that you look forward to seeing them at your exclusive pick up party. This lets your top customers know that you value them as a customer and are thinking about them.
- Send a video text to all your customers of a short walk-through of your vineyard telling them you’re looking forward to seeing them at an upcoming event. It lets them see you and how excited you are to see them.
USE A VIDEO TEXTING SERVICE:
Video texting services are available and some have the option for more than one employee to login and with a separate username and password. This lets you monitor messages you have sent by each employee and to what group of customers.
BEST PRACTICES FOR VIDEO MARKETING:
You can use a professional to create your videos or with today’s technology there are so many DIY options. For personalized messages it is always better to have a person representing your brand behind the message. People want to associate a video message with a person. Video clips with a real person have better viewership than videos without.
Types of Video Messaging:
- Text messages with video clip
- Video posted on your website
- Emails with video
- Social media updates with video clips
ALIGN VIDEO MESSAGING WITH YOUR GOALS:
- Increasing Direct to Consumer Sales
- Building Brand Recognition
- Retaining Customers
- Increasing Customer Loyalty
The most popular forms of content in the world is video. Users crave the connection and personal touch of videos. Video tells your story in the way you intend it to be told. Real life context is so powerful.
It’s not only fun but videos are the best way to get up close to your audience and give them a real look at what your business is and what you’re doing. Look beyond the profit and your product, show them something about your values, share some information or tell a story. The more your consumers know about you the more likely they are to be long lasting customers.
About the Author:
President, Redtie International.